Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday at last

Yep it's Friday. Finally. Don't misunderstand me . . . I like my job. It's just that sometimes I'm not really motivated. I'd rather be running, biking, golfing. Ever happen to you?

Had a very nice run late yesterday afternoon. I picked up Susan and we went to the Lakeshore Greenway. I planned a 54 minute run to Susan's 50 minute run. She wouldn't give me a 4 minute head start to make things even. She only gave me about 90 seconds. That means that I had to try to close a 2 1/2 minute gap. Couldn't do it-Susan was waiting on my when I finished just to rub it in.

Knowing the distances on the Greenway, I figure I ran about 6 1/2 miles. I also did it in about 53 minutes. I turned at 27 minutes and cut a full minute off my return trip. Not sure what my splits were but my average was somewhere around 8:10-8:15 miles. I felt really good turning it up on the return trip and probably could have run faster. Legs were tired this morning but feel better now at lunchtime. Yes, I am blogging at work. Shame on me!
I am both nervous and excited about 15 miler in the morning.

1 comment:

Phil said...

8:10 over 6 miles ... that's not too shabby! Best of luck on your 15 miler on Saturday.