Thursday, December 08, 2005

Thursday . . . whew!

Long day today. I had to go to Vidalia, GA for work. I got up at 5:00 am so that I could get over to my friend's Larry, so we could carpool to the airport. Took the company jet down to Vidalia, had a couple of meetings, walked around in the rain, and came home. After leaving the airport, going by Larry's house, and getting home, it was about 5:45. I was planning on running hill repeats, but I was pretty tired. What to do?

No, I did not wussie out. Even though it was pouring down rain, mid 40's, & the FAT MAN was screaming "NO, NO, NO", I did manage to get out and do 4 miles of fartleks. I opted for the fartleks instead of the hill simply for safety reasons. It was rainy and foggy and the hill we run is totally dark. No street lights and people drive like madmen up and down that section of road. Sometimes you just have to be flexible enough to change your plans.

ADAPT AND CONQUER

No comments: