Sunday, May 07, 2006

It is done!

This is just a quick post for those who want to know. I will post more details later for the engineering friends of mine who love every statistic known to man.

I had several goals:

Goal #1 was to break 4 hours
Intermediate goal: Break 3:55
Agressive goal: Break 3:50

I achieved my aggressive goal!!!!!!

3:48:18 chip time. 3:49:11 clock time.

I actually thought I had a 3:45 in the bag. I made mile 20 at 2:55 and thought that if I could run a 50 minute 10k I could do it. I just ran out of gas. The last two miles were tough and my pace slowed into the 9 minute range but I am still tickled at the results!

Party tonight in Cincinnati!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job done! That fat man that was chasing you has been left far behind, defeated and left sitting on the curb. Ashville is proud of your true determination, proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Awesome Jim! I checked your results before my run this morning and saw you broke 3:50. Way to go!

-Animal

Phil said...

Fantastic accomplishment Jim. This was a tough course and getting through it under 4 hours is something you'll remember for a long time. I'm sure you would have been well under 3:45 on a flat course. Rest up a few days and figure out you are going to do next.

Congratulations

Phil

Amy said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

lARRY T. GOOD JOB NOW WHAT ABOUT THAT DRIVE ON #9??????
SEE YOU SOON

Anonymous said...

Hey Jim,
Great job! Congratulations!
I knew you could do it.
I am curious if you needed all the stuff you took along, extra laces, practically 2 sets of everything.
Rest on your laurels for a couple of days! You deserve it.