Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Hot run

I was off tonight. I didn't cycle . . . too close to the marathon. I don't want to risk injury from wreck or overexerting different muscle groups. I did go hit golf balls at the driving range though.

I ran a nice 6 miler yesterday afternoon. It was about 90 degrees when I started and not a whole lot cooler when I finished. I averaged around 8:15 pace which I was very happy with considering it was my fourth day in a row of running and the heat.

I am starting to get nervous about the trip to Cincinnati. I honestly believe that this is the best shape I've been in and I've been training since November for it. I don't want anything to go wrong; you know-Murphy's Law. I am trying to stay away from anyone who is coughing, sneezing, or is simply unsupportive! I have my hotel room and I am registered for the race. I still have not decided if I want to drive or fly. It is about a 7 1/2 hour drive from Birmingham. I hate flying but I also don't want to be cooped up in a car for 8 hours the day after I run 26 miles.

Tomorrow, Yasso 800s. WooHoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get a flight to Cincinnati. Think about it...do you really want to spend almost 2 working days in a car getting there and back? Your time is worth more than that. And, you don't want to sit in a car for 7 hours after running a marathon. You will be stiff and sitting for that long will not do you any good.
The best plan, if you can take the time, is stay in Cincinnati until Tuesday morning. Take Monday to hang out and explore the town.
Best of Luck to you.
P.S. Hopefully Delta pilots will not go on strike.