Sunday, April 09, 2006

End of the week

Hey all. It's Sunday night and I have had a pretty good week.

Thursday: I was supposed to do hills workout. However, after the bike ride on Wed. night, I discovered what wimpy boy I am. I ran 2 1/2 to warm up. I did two repeats on the hill and decided that I just COULD NOT DO IT. Legs were dead. However, I did another 2 1/2 miles, so I got in around 6 miles, so I'm happy about that. Worked out after the run. I am starting to tell that the lifting is helping . . . I am finally starting to get rid of my man-boobs!

Saturday: I was SUPPOSED to do 22-23 miles. However, due to the bad weather I only ran 18 miles. It was thundering and lightning until 7:30 am. Since I was going to my parents for breakfast, I made the executive decision to cut it short at 18 miles. I did that knowing that I was going to run on Sunday. 18 miles and averaged 8:50 pace. I ran with Chip who was doing a 15 miler and Animal joined us for 4 or 5 miles. We had a good, enjoyable run. Thanks guys.

Sunday: What a great day! It was high 60s-low 70s. Slight breeze. Bright, sun shiny day. I was tasked with picking a 6 mile loop for the run that Susan and I were planning on running. I picked the six mile loop through Crestline. A couple of miles of the loop is on trails which is really nice. The rest of the loop is in neighborhoods of rich folks and fancy houses which is alway fun. So after church, I picked up Susan and we went down to the "loop". I let her set the pace since this run was more for her than for me. She's trying to get ready for a half-marathon sometime this year. There are some hills along the way which require some work. We ran 6 miles at a 10:38 pace. This was perfect for me since I did the 18 miler yesterday. I never really felt tired or stressed. That means I ran 24 miles in a little over 24 hours . . . pretty happy with that! Susan did a good job. She does not really run on a regular schedule so 6 miles is quite and accomplishment. She never got wimpy or walked. She held a good pace, even up the hills. I know that I probably pushed her a little bit, though I didn't mean to. All in all, it worked out great and I had a good time "girl talking" with Susan.

No comments: