Monday, April 10, 2006

Getting closer

Monday night. I ran an easy 6 miler tonight. I decided to make tonight a recovery run since I did 18 on Saturday and 6 on Sunday. I am planning on running a hard 9 or 10 miler tomorrow night so an easy 6 doesn't upset me. It will be the first time in a while that I have run on 4 consecutive days. I felt good tonight so I don't think that I am risking any injury. I ran 4 miles of my 6 tonight with my neighbor Shelly. She's training for the Nashville half-marathon in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to get her pumped up about it. Her husband Keith bike but doesn't run. I run and am just starting to bike . . . . Keith and I are planning on getting together for a bike ride soon and I'm going to see if I can get him to start running.

Four weeks from yesterday is my marathon. I have two more hard weeks of training and then I begin my taper. I am really starting to get keyed up for it. I really think that I can break 4 hours if conditions are a right and I get a good start.

No comments: