Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Home at last

Don't get me wrong . . . I like vacations. However, 8 days away from work is enough. I like order and structure and after 8 days of disorder and sloth, I was ready to become a bum. Nothing against bums, I just don't want to be one. The problem is that I don't want to come home when I'm gone this long. And I don't want to work anymore! I start thinking about career changes . . . . maybe I can sell tie-dye shirts or run a slushy stand. You know, that kind of stuff. Now I'm back at my desk, happily working in my structured world.

I failed to do any running while on vacation. However, we walked everyday . . . lots of walking. My guess is at least 2-3 miles every day. I know it's not running but it is exercise and I actually found little time for my selfish indulgence.

I did get back on the horse yesterday. I only ran 2 1/2 miles. It was around 6:30 and the temperature was still in the low 90s. Rumor was that it close to 100 degrees in parts of B'ham yesterday. It felt like it-whew! My plan is to just do some short jaunts during this week just to get reaclimated to the weather since it was cooler in Virginia.

Trip details will be or are on My Hot Girlfriend site.

1 comment:

DawnB said...

been pretty hot and humid here as well.