Sunday, July 20, 2008

Horrible

Horrible. That's how it felt to me watching Greg Norman once again self-destruct. How can a man who was once the greatest player in golf let the demons inside his head banish him again to the realm of perennial losers? I have watched golf for many years and I have always admired his game and his swashbuckler style but today that played against him. And what about his caddie? Gosh, these guys are supposed to help keep their players head screwed on straight! It appears that Greg is an older version of Phil Mickelson . . . a basket case when the game depends on steadfastness. Congrats to Padraig Harrington for being repeat winner of the Open Championship.

Okay . . . running.

I competed my second week of 4 days a week. My mileage wasn't important but the pattern is once again being set. I ran 4 miles Saturday around lunchtime. Yes, when the temp was really soring into the low-mid 90s. Afterwards I cut the grass and worked around in the yard. I got WAY TOO hot and should have known better. I was drinking lots of water and even had a Gatorade but couldn't keep it down. Yuck . . . nothing like warm Gatorade coming from the wrong direction. However, I kept sipping water and took it easy for a bit and ended up feeling okay. Went bowling with Susan and the girls late in the afternoon.

I am looking forward to my third week of full schedule running.

My buddy Dom noticed the absence of the NYC Marathon countdown timer. Yes, I am going to bail for several reasons- I am not in shape enough to even begin a 16-20 week program, I am really reluctant to travel with the economy being the way it is, I am trying to save vacation days because I've been using them too loosely and I like to make sure I keep a few extra free, just in case.

Everyone have a great week!

No comments: