Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's Wednesday morning and I'm about to start doing what "they" pay me to do . . . work. However, I thought I'd take a moment to update.

Monday. I ran 4 miles at about a 70% effort. Not a hard run but not an easy run by any stretch of the imagination. The knee felt fine but the back is still stiff from my tumble down the hill last weekend. I also lifted weights. Actually felt pretty decent when all was said and done. Monday also started my "official" restart on Weight Watchers. I need some accountability and I'm very goal motivated . . . that's just the way I am wired. For those of you who may know the system, I am using the Flex plan . . . counting points. I find this method the easiest way for me to track what goes in my mouth. I will be updating my progress on a weekly basis. My "official" weigh-in is on Monday morning. The system worked for me in the past. I just was not disciplined enough to stick to it.

Tuesday-I ran an easy 4 miler. The legs were a little sore. My thinking is this . . . since I am trying to build for a "survival" half-marathon next month where I am going to run in Susan's place for her fund raiser for the Bell Center (HINT), I am more interested in building my long runs. The mid-week mileage will not be varying much since I don't want to pile too much on too quickly. Of course you input is appreciated. Here's what I'm thinking-

Thurs 1/17 4 m
Sat 1/19 8 m Weekly mileage 20
Mon 1/21 4 m
Wed 1/23 4 m
Fri 1/25 4 m
Sun 1/27 10 m Weekly mileage 22
Tues 1/29 5 m
Thurs 1/31 5 m
Sat 2/2 12 m Weekly mileage 22
Mon 2/4 4 m
Tues 2/5 4 m
Thurs 2/7 4 m
Sunday 2/10 is Mercedes Half-marathon 13.1 miles Weekly mileage 25

No comments: