Monday, July 17, 2006

Time to get to business

Good evening to all.

Monday night and I just got home from dinner. Fajitas and margaritas at Pablos. Met Susan over there after a last minute call. Definitely better than staying at home watching Dancing with the Stars or whatever bizarre show is on TV nowadays. I'll just stick to my DVDs of Ferris Buellers Day Off or Pulp Fiction or O Brother, Where Art Thou. I digress.

Another lovely hot day in B'ham. Of course most of you around the country are in the same boat so I don't expect any sympathy. It is hot everywhere. It might be God's warning to us. . . if you think it is hot now, just wait!

I went by Bike Link and picked up some aerobars for my bike. I'll be putting them on tomorrow after I run. Supposed to make me more efficient in my biking . . . we'll see.

I did a 6 miler this afternoon. Starte just before 5:00 and it was 97 degrees. Unbelievable. I am going to have to start running in the mornings if we don't get some relief! No watch, lots of water, slow, slow, slow. 28 oz of water on a six mile run. Unheard of. The bad thing is that I weighed before and after the run and I still lost weight, even after the 28 oz of water. All I can say is that I survived.

I was looking at my calendar and it is time to shut up or put up. Oct 1 is coming around soon and that is my next marathon. If I stick to my normal training this will let me run 2 runs over 20 miles before the marathon with a two week taper. Time to stop being such a girlie man and time to focus on the important stuff . . . like running my marathons!

No comments: