Sunday, July 16, 2006

Slept in late

I cannot believe that I slept until 7:30 this morning! The working in the yard and the bike ride yesterday seemed to suck all the caffeine and adrenaline out of my body. However, I have to admit that I did enjoy it. Unfortunately, I think the FAT MAN enjoyed it too. We cannot be making a habit of it.

Bike ride Saturday morning-
wheels rolling at 7:00 and the temperature was in the mid-80s. Roxanne was the ride leader and she did a very good job in putting together the ride. We normally have three or four routes we use to get 50 mile in. She took us on a couple of different roads and reversed direction on some that we normally ride. Leave it to a woman to be creative. If life were left up to men, we'd do the same thing everyday. Yes, you read me right . . . I am dissing men. And I'm one of them! The ride was a little slow but it was probably the heat. One of the guys, Richard, broke a spoke at about 40 miles so that took several minutes to repair. He told us to go ahead and finish but it was a good excuse for us to stop for water. I don't think that I have ever sweated like that on a bike. It was like I was running . . . . sweat running down my legs and arms. The temp when we finished was 93. Of course the asphalt on the road probably meant that we were riding in over 100 degree temperatures.

Gotta go for . . . get ready for church. And then I have 12-14 people coming over for dinner tonight. Talk about sweating!!!!

No comments: