Friday, February 24, 2006

Out of town training

Hey all. I am in Vidalia, GA, working on a shutdown. I traveled EARLY Wed. morning (up at 4:00 am and on the road long before 5:00) going directly to the plant and worked until about 6:30 pm that night. By the time I got checked into the hotel I really didn't feel like going for a run so I bagged it and just went to dinner. It is tough to keep a schedule when you're working 6-6 and you don't really get "home" until 7:00. Especially knowing that you're rolling out of the rack at 4:30 every morning.

I did make myself run Thursday night after I got back to the hotel. I started my run at 7:00 and it was totally in the dark so I wore my Petzl headlamp and little fancy red flashing light on my back so I wouldn't get run over by the locals as they fly up and down the road to Wal-Mart. Overall I was pleased with my run. I ran 6 miles and averaged 8:20 miles. Not too bad considering it was dark, I kept jumping off the road due to traffic, and I had been climbing around all day in safety boots. By the time I finished and showered it was about 8:15 . . . too late for supper since I've been hitting the rack around 9:30. Of course skipping a meal or two doesn't hurt me :)

I'm glad this is only for a week or so. I am not crazy about not having much me time. It would be too easy to get discouraged and get into sloppy habits. I must keep the FATMAN at bay!

No comments: