Wednesday, March 01, 2006

trying to catch up

Hey all,
I've been bad. I have not been updating the last few days. Of course, I am working 12 hour days which means (after the roadwork) I only have about 10 hours a day. Sounds like a lot but after 7-8 hours of sleep, it is not much. I am going home on Thursday morning. I am ready for a break.

I ran a 10 miler last Saturday. It was supposed to be a 15 miler prepping for the flying pig marathon but I dogged it off after 10. It was raining and after working several 12 hour days, I just wasn't up for it.

I did run a 6 miler on Monday night. Nothing fast. After a day full of work in safety boots and climbing around, it was about all I wanted to do. Just ran and no dinner. Went to bed after shower.

I am planning on running a 6 to 8 miler when I get home on Thursday afternoon and doing my 15 miler this coming Saturday morning. I need to do 18 or more, but I have an event Saturday night and don't need to be totally wiped out. It is a big dress up gala and I am actually taking a companion. Not a date. She's a daughter of a friend of mine. I know . . . I'm old enough to be her father! I have no plans of anything other than having a nice dinner, enjoying the silent auction, and maybe some dancing.

I'll update after my run tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you?????

Anonymous said...

Did the Fat Man catch you????