Friday, December 29, 2006

Last Friday of the year

Happy New Year! Almost. Today is the last Friday of the year and there is no one in the office. Well, almost no one. That is a good thing where I work . . . that means that I can get some work done with little interruption.

Wednesday night-
I did a 5 miler. I was wanting to do 6 or 7 but the schedule thing just kept me from it. I will be glad to get out of the holiday season and get back to a more normal schedule. Anyway . . . I ran 5 miles about 8:50 pace. Not fast and not too slow. As baby bear would say-"just right". It was just enough work to make me clear my head. I like those kind of runs.

Thursday night-
Hill work. As usual, I warmed up with 2 1/2 miles at a pace a little slower than 9 minutes. I am starting to tell that the hills I've been doing the last several weeks are starting to do me some good. I added one repeat last night meaning that I did 5 hill repeats and it felt really good. I cooled down with a run of 1 1/2 miles.

2 1/2 miles
5 x .02 miles up hill & 5 x .02 miles downhill (2 miles)
1 1/2 miles

Total of 6 miles last night.

Tomorrow I am planning on doing 15 miles. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

I hope everyone out there has a great weekend. I am sure that there are plenty of "end of year" runs and "resolution" runs going on so I wish you all fun and speed for whatever run you're planning on doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the 15 miles!

Anonymous said...

Nice job increasing the hill repeats. Have a great time on your 15 miler!