Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A quick update

Yes, I'm back from traveling and will give an extensive update on our trip to Portland. However, I just want to cover the basics right now-running.

Susan and I ran a little bit along the river (more about that in my upcoming trip post) while in Portland. After returning home, I had to go to Vidalia. I ran two days down there on the High School cross country trail. A very nicely kept track through the woods near the hotel where I was staying.

Saturday, after the girls soccer games, Susan and I went for a run along the Lakeshore greenway. I did 7.7 miles. Susan did 5.1 miles. I had a very good run considering I've been taking it easy for the last several weeks.
Here's my splits for Saturday-
Lap 1 21:20 8:18 pace
Lap 2 21:00 8:11 pace
Lap 3 20:30 7:59 pace

I am so glad that it is finally cooling off and my foot is feeling better.

I also ran Monday night. 5 miles at 8:20 pace.

I'll post more later.
It is good to be back!

2 comments:

Phil said...

Good to hear from you again. I was beginning to think you'd left the blogsphere. Nice run with great splits. You just got'a love those negative splits. A 8:00/mi pace is really smoking for casual run with your girl friend.

DawnB said...

Glad you're back jim look like you got some really nice runs in.