Sunday, January 22, 2006

I'm back . . . . sort of

Hello everyone. Thanks for your patience with me. It has been hard to get started back to blogging. I haven't had any problem getting my runs in, just not overly inspired to write about them. However, I've been journaling my emotional journey after Mona's death and I have found it helpful, so I figure getting back to this might be helpful.

I've been sticking to my program for the most part. Understandably, it's been a little tough to stay motivated, but with my half marathon coming up in a few weeks I figure I better get with the program.

Two weeks ago Saturday I ran in a 10 mile race. I didn't run all out, but I did push the pace. I completed it in 1:23. That works out to a 8:18 pace. I was pleased with it. Especially knowing that I still had a little bit left in me.

Last Saturday I did a 13.2 training run. Dom and Lisa (my next door neighbor's sister) ran with me. It was a nice controlled pace that was slightly pushed, but not out of control. Not really a LSD run though. 1:53 for the whole run. that's a 8:33.6 pace.

This past Saturday I ran a 15.6 miler. It was warm (mid 60s) and sprinkling. I deliberately ran a slower pace. Thank goodness I did . . . the run wiped me out. It has been a long time since a had a long run do me that way. Legs felt fine, but my back and chest hurt. I guess from the heavy breathing! ;) anyway, I ran it at a very consistent pace. I didn't vary more than 5 seconds in any mile during the whole run. 2:21. That works out to 9:02.3 per mile pace.

My goal is to break 1:50 for the half marathon. It will be close. I'll be picking it back up over the next couple of weeks and I'm planning an 18 miler next week. I figure if I can hold a 9 minute pace for 18, I should be able to make 8:23s for the half . . . . that would give me 1:50.

Come back and check my progress over the next couple of weeks.

And thanks to everyone for your comments regarding Mona.

No comments: