Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A good tempo

Good evening to all. I hope everyone has had a good day. After a few down days, I’ve broken out of my funk . . . at least for now. I think about Mona more than I thought I would. I always thought that I was a lot tougher, but this is perhaps the toughest thing I’ve ever done physically or emotionally. Training for a marathon is tough but nothing like facing grief. Enough of that!

I had a really good run tonight. Many thanks to Marc “Animal” for helping me to push my tempo run. It is always a good thing to run with someone that is a little bit faster . . . it will definitely challenge you and make you stronger.

It was a very nice evening . . . high 40s, no wind. Perfect!

I did 7.2 miles in 58:14. That works out to 8:05.5 average pace.
However, we steadily picked up steam along the way.
We ran a 1.2 mile loop. Here’s the splits and the pace/mile:

Lap 1 10:33 8:47 pace
Lap 2 9:49 8:11 pace
Lap 3 9:37 8:08 pace
Lap 4 9:27 7:52.5 pace
Lap 5 9:19 7:46 pace
Lap 6 9:28 7:53 pace

Not too bad for the fat man.

No comments: