Friday, April 04, 2008

Hey all. It's Friday. Enough said!

I ran last night over at Susan's. I did the "hard" loop. We have about a 3 1/2 mile loop through Mountain Brook (lift your pinky when you say that). For those of you who know the area, it is appropriately name . . . . MOUNTAIN (BIG hills everywhere . . . not flats) and BROOK (creeks and streams between the mountains). Anyway. We normally run it in a direction where the hills are longer but less grade and the downhills are steep . . . not easy but manageable. I ran the loop in reverse. WOW . . . I never knew you could blow your lungs and heart through your nostrils. The normal gradual uphills and steep downhills, when reversed, give a heck of a workout. I had to walk uphill twice. This is embarrassing because 1) I like to think of myself as a runner, not a walker (not that there is anything wrong with that) and 2) People driving and working in their yards just snicker at me as I trudge past.

I survived the run and surprisingly, my legs don't feel that bad.

Busy weekend-I have a yard sale Saturday morning and I'm hosting three table of canasta at my house tonight. I'll try to get a run and bike ride in this weekend and Susan is supposed to be joining me.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing your thing, challenge is good and if you think you can do it--you can do it! Busy time around your house, hope your yard sale turned out to be interesting and fun--card time also..keep up the fun in life.
Ashville