Friday, September 01, 2006

FRIDAY!

Today is Friday. Woohoo! Another week successfully managed and survived. That means another long run tomorrow. As those of you who follow my rantings, I failed at my 18 miler last week. So what am I going to do tomorrow? I'm going to try a 20 miler. I will run earlier, slower, smarter. Also the the fact that the heat is breaking and the temp is supposed to be down in the low-mid 60s will help.

I ran another 5 1/2 - 6 miler last night. Susan ran the first 3 miles with me and then I took off and ran the second half hard and fast. It felt really good to run hard, especially since it was right before sunset and it was cooling off nicely.

BTW it is officially less than 30 days until marathon. http://www.portlandmarathon.org/

Big goings on this weekend besides my running. It is my dad's birthday and we're going out for his birthday. It should be a fun group-my mom and dad, Jim and Karen H from next door (they are always good for a laugh), Susan and I. Sunday is a big day . . . 70 years old! I'm still trying to figure out what would be the perfect gift. He enjoys lots of things . . . knives, wine, cigars. Gee . . . he sounds like a gangster. Maybe he needs a new dog (an inside joke).

Also may be going to the lake with some friends on Sunday. Still waiting to see if that is happening for sure.

Monday will be a work around the house and finish up on Susan's deck. We're having friends (Deb and Joe) over for an early evening cookout. Then I will start the ribs. Yes, I am cooking ribs. Baby backs. I use a slightly modified 3-2-1 method. For those of you who slow cook, you know what 3-2-1 means. It should be a fun time and we're looking forward to showing off Susan's redone screened in porch and her refurbished deck. We have been working hard on it.

I'll take time to post the results of my 20 miler sometime tomorrow. Have a great day!

No comments: