Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Just a quick break from lunch in order to update.

So far, it's been a great week. I've been on a downward trend with my weight, albeit slow. But the experts say that's the way to do it-no big crash diets . . . slow and steady. Sort of applying WW methods. Eat what I want, to a point, just watch portion size.

Monday was warm and humid. I did a 3 1/2 miler and the legs and joints are improving. I guess a new, second rate shoe (Asics Foundation are better than worn out top shelf Brooks Beast. Anyway, the run was good and believe it or not, I actually chased down and passed a runner in our 'hood. Boy, did that feel good!

Tuesday was warmer . . . low 90s. I did a 3 miler over at Susan's house. I wanted to do 4 but I know I need to build/recover slowly. I'd rather walk away wanting more than regretting it the next day. Afterwards, I got to play sitter/dad . . . . Susan had an open house at school she had to attend so I stayed with the girls. Guess what-I survived!

7 comments:

DawnB said...

nice job jim

Phil said...

Slow and steady ... rushing leads to injury ... no fun.

ASICS rock.

Amy said...

Hey, send me an email....I've been trying to email you to ask a question and I keep getting a failure notice????

Phil said...

Hey ... Jim ... where are the posts? I told you I was keeping my eye on your progress. How about an update for your fans?

Dom said...

As stated by Pink Floyd, "Is anybody in there?"

Knock, knock. Who is there? Good question, who is there?

Jim ain't there, although I pulled up behind him going to work today.

Jim come back.

Jim...

Ji...

J...

...

Dom said...

Oops..."Is anybody OUT there?"

Phil said...

Good catch Dom ... you had me believing that I remembered it backwards.

Of course, the question is ... where's Jim ... I can hear him breathing ... just can't get him to write a word or two for his fan base.