Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Still going

I have a few minutes in the office before work starts and was feeling guilty about not keeping everyone up to date on the progress in my life. So here's a brief attempt to catch you up.

My running and cycling, though not where I was a year ago, are starting to pick up. I actually ran four days last week, which is pretty good, considering my until now, recent lack of enthusiasm. I have run Monday and Tuesday this week-untimed and no big mileage but getting myself back into the pattern of Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Sat. However, I am going out of town for a quick trip and will more likely slide my Thursday run to Friday since it will not be likely I'll have time to run while gone. I am starting to feel stronger, despite the extra baggage I have acquired and the heat. I know that Phil lives in AZ and it is much hotter there, but we are supposed to be in the mid 90s this week . . . pretty warm for this early in the year here in Alabama. Speaking of Phil, be sure to go by his site (linked on the right side of my page) and read his account of the San Diego Marathon he recently ran. Congratulations to him for a PR! His success has gotten me me thinking about trying to improve my PR of 3:48. Maybe we should challenge each other to see who makes 3:45 first???

Onto other things in my life-
The treehouse, fort, swingset thingy do I put together for Susan's girls has been finished for over a week now and the girls have been enjoying it. I've still to figure out what is the best thing to put under it. Presently, there is a combination of old pine straw and mulch. I was thinking about trying artificial mulch. Let me know if you have any thoughts about that. I will be posting a series of pictures later on showing progress from start to finish.

Susan is trying to get back to her running since school is out and she has more time on her hands. She's worse than me about posting on her blog! We've been trying to decide if we should take a vacation this summer and if so, where to go. Personally, I'd just like to get away from the office for a week. Here's the typical discussion . . . . E says "let's go to DineyWorld!". MAC says "lets go to the beach!". I say "which beach? Hilton Head or Seaside?", MAC says "BOTH!". Susan says "nobody listens to me. I want to go to Jamestown and Williamsburg!". Susan is correct in that it would be neat to go to VA for the 400 year celebration of the first permanent English settlement. It might be somewhat interesting for 10 year old MAC. I'm not sure E really cares about American history at this point in her life. Maybe the smart thing to do would be make everyone unhappy and either stay home and go to a state park camping or go to Vegas. Your opinions are welcome.

Have I mentioned that I work in the world of Dilbert? We have been teased with information over the last six months about another reorganization. The fourth in five years. Our braintrust keeps scratching their heads wondering why things aren't operating smoothly. I am not a rocket scientist but "DUH" . . . how about leaving us alone long enough to let us work? It seems that chaos and turmoil are the chosen flavor of the day around here. Confuse and conquer, that's what I always say! I'll vent more about this later. Time for me to get back to work . . . . oh the joy.

No comments: