Friday, June 09, 2006

So busy I can't blog????

Hi all,
Yes, the fat man is a busy man. Let me catch you up on goings on.

After a good hard 6 mile run on Monday night, I went on a 35 mile bike ride on Tuesday. This was not a good thing. Normally, I rest up on Tuesdays but because Susan was going to Alaska on Wed, she asked if we could all ride a day early. We did 35 miles and averaged about 17.2 mph. It was all I could do to keep up. I did not do much leading or pulling-it was more like whining and pouting. By the time I got to the car, I was ready to sell the bike! I guess we all must have bad days to make the good days come into focus.

I went to Vidalia, Ga on Wed, so I didn't do anything but rest my legs . . . kind of. We probably walked 3 or 4 miles during the heat of the day at the plant site. Of course, if it's work, it doesn't count. Right?

Came home Thursday evening. Cut the grass and ran a hard 5 miler and felt pretty good doing it. The best part is this-when I checked my email, I found out that I had been accepted into the NYC marathon lottery!! I am looking forward to this since NY was the first marathon I ever ran. This also means that I am already in 2 of the 3 marathons that I am planning for the fall. The third is no problem . . . there are no limitations on getting into it except for the excuses the fat man may come up with.

Goal for the end of the year: Complete 3 marathons in 10 weeks time!

Note to self: increase Zoloft dosage.