Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Nov. 22-First blogging day

I have finally decided to try this "blogging" thing. I've always found it helps to motivate me to journal my running. I have now decided to share that information with you. Maybe something I say can help or perhaps you can see an error I'm making in my training and will drop me a line @ jhambham@charter.net.

Last night I ran an easy 5 miler. I usually run easy on Mondays after a Saturday long run and a Sunday bike ride. BTW, I ran 12 miles Saturday @ 9:02 pace. I know that is slow to some of you, but it's better than sitting on the sofa, drinking beer . . . or is it? :)

I am planning on running the half-marathon at the Mercedes Marathon here in Birmingham on Feb. 12. I am running as a Partner in Training for a local charity-The Bell Center. Check out my page for the fund raising.
http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/jimhamlin

1 comment:

Nancy Toby said...

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi, Jim!

I've done the half at Disney, but not the full. And definitely not both in one weekend!! Crazy!

I did the Mercedes Half, the first year, I think - I enjoyed it! I haven't seen how they've changed the course since I did it, though. Great medals! Have fun!!