Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's lunchtime on Thursday and I am finally taking enough time to catch up. Funny how I thought I could better control my routine once I was married and stopped all the back in forth involved with dating. Wrong, fish face. My life has never been busier and more out of control than it has the last two months. Not complaining, just sharing the realization that having 3 girls in my family is truly like herding cats. Of course there is nothing more rewarding than teaching a lesson, sharing an experience, holding hands with my daughters, or any one of a hundred other things that make me realize that maybe, just maybe, I am a father.

Running. Yes I am. I've been building base the last several weeks, trying to run at least four days a week. I really haven't done anything more the 5 miles at any one time but it is running. This week was sort of a breakthrough week. I had a good run on Monday and on Tuesday I went for a hilly workout and pushed the pace. It felt great!

I cannot run the half at Mercedes which is only a couple of weeks away but I will likely run on a relay team. I won't be fast but I won't be last. Maybe that should be my new motto.

No comments: