Friday, March 07, 2008

Snow?

You've got to be kidding me. Everyone is talking about snow. You can't swing a dead cat and not hit a newsperson who isn't talking about it. Phoooey! It's 52 degress at 5:30 pm and there is not enough moisture in the air and the radar is showing everything north of B'ham. However, I do believe it will be cold tomorrow. Cold and windy. That is why I'm doing my long run on Sunday instead of Saturday.

Let me see . . . I ran a nice 5 miler on Monday. Ran about 3 1/2 miles of it with my neighbor Shelley. She's working really hard and is training for the Nashville half-marathon in April. I can tell that she's getting stronger and her pace is faster than in the past. I enjoyed the company and that always makes a run go by quickly.

Wednesday. I did 4 miles. A reasonably hard 4 miler. My guess is about 80 percent effort. I was breathing hard, sweating profusely, and it just felt good. You know?

Thursday. Legs were tired from Wed run. I managed to do an easy 4 miler but I honestly think I was breathing harder on my recovery run than on the hard run on Wed.

Tomorrow (Saturday) is a busy day. MAC, Susan's daughter, is in a soccer tournament starting at noon. I'm taking my car to the dealer for some discounted maintenance. They open at 7 and it's first come, first served so I'll be there by 6:30 to get in line. After that, I have my weekly grocery shopping to do and I need to get a new belt for the vacuum. I'll meet Susan and got to the soccer game at noon. Then I plan on going to the Home and Garden show at the civic center. After that, we go back to the soccer field around 5:30 for another game.

Sunday is almost just as busy. Church (of course) and then to the soccer field for another game. After that I'm planning on running 6-8 miles. That isn't enough to do though. Susans girls have a piano recital later in the day and then we all come back to Susan's house. Her youngest, E, is turning 8. That means a bunch of little girls running around the yard, playing and then on to Kobe, a Japenense steakhouse. It is E's favorite restauran and that was her request. Susan and I, Ed (Susan's ex) and his squeeze, and 16 little girls at a restaurant together. Needless to say, I'll be drinking lots of Sake'!

Pray for me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't always count on the weather man--but if it is white and cold and it sticks--then it just might be snow?
up north of you

Anonymous said...

Busy, and that part is very good, the dinner party--prayer? You must believe in miracles and that is also good. The younger generation has become much more civilized and that is good, no longer do cowboys and indians fight. Maybe sometimes you should not ask for comments?
Ashville

Phil said...

Ahh ... the endless soccer tournaments! Best of luck with you're dinner party. As Anonymous pointed out, the younger folks may be more understanding of the complexity of modern relationships, but us old farts can still be a bit snarky.

DawnB said...

Hope all went well.