Saturday, September 01, 2007

Long weekend

It is Saturday night and I'm sitting here watching my Auburn Tigers stink it up agains K State. Not taking anything away from K State but everyone expected a little bit more than what we're seeing. It's half time and I wouldn't be surprised to see my Tigers get beat. For some strange reason, they never start good out of the blocks.

At least the good thing is that I'm watching it by myself and if I let a blue word slip, it's okay. Susan and the girls are in Atlanta this weekend. MAC is playing in a soccer tournament . . . the Atlanta cup. With the age groups and the boys and girls, there are over 400 teams playing. They won their first two games today and one to play in the morning. If they win in the morning, they make it into final rounds and play on Monday. I had planned on going but decided to stay home. We figured it would be a mad house with all the little girls and soccer parents running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.

It was a good week this week as far as running goes. I ran Sunday and Monday. I also ran 4 miles on Wed. I was going to run 4 on Thurs but lightning chased me in after 2 1/2 miles. I ran 4 miles this morning.

Total week is 18.5 miles. I know it's not much but more than I have been doing. My hips and knees are feelig it a little bit so I'll probably do the same mileage over the next couple weeks and let my body adjust. As much as Susan wants to run a marathon on New Years Day, I don't think that she can get ready in time and I'm trying to convince her of that. With the soccer schedule eating up her Saturdays over the next 8 weekends, she will not be able to do due diligence.

I might play golf tomorrow after church and then get a run in tomorrow evening. Not sure yet, but I might either go to my parents or invite them to dinner or Monday since it is my dad's birthday.

Hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so you probably check your blog more than your email. So see you tomorrow and you are bringing.
Good and it will be a good and wonderful day. A celebration for your dad who is truly 71 years young..Getting better every day--boy, something for you to live up to and you will.
Ashville

DawnB said...

Happy labor day Jim!! Hope your Dad have a wonderful birthday!!!

Dom said...

Nice background. The poopy brownish color reminded of...well...brown poop. Better get running by planning a race (to keep you honest). Good time to start prepping for the Mercedes...